Managing University Records
Records Management at Queen's University - An Overview (PowerPoint)
Store Physical Records With Iron Mountain
As a University, records are one of our most valuable assets and in recognition of the need to have a formally managed process for our physical records Queen’s has set up Iron Mountain as the preferred supplier for document management and confidential shredding.
- Records Storage and Destruction at Iron Mountain (PowerPoint)
- Checklist - Sending Records to Iron Mountain for Storage
- Records Disposal Process ( PDF )
- Procedure for Destruction of University Records ( HTML , PDF )
- FIPPA Fact Sheet: Identifying and Securely Disposing of Personal Information (Link to the Office of the Access and Privacy Coordinator, HTML)
- Disposal of Confidential Information ( PDF )
Iron Mountain has also been selected as the only supplier that Queen’s will use for confidential shredding . Iron Mountain has solutions that are tailored to meet individual department needs and provides a guaranteed secure shredding service.
Checklist - Destroy Records in Iron Mountain
- Data Security & Encryption - Rules for Storing Data On Mobile Devices (link to Office of the Access & Privacy Coordinator)
- Transporting Records by Courier ( PDF )
- Organizing Shared Drive ( PowerPoint )