Per university procurement policies, online payments by VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, or directly from you bank account using the INTERAC online service are preferred. Cheques or money-order payments may be made to out to “Queen’s University Archives” for any reproduction services, but cash is no longer accepted.
- The price for digitizing, scanning, or copying documents based on the time estimate for the work to digitize, prepare, and deliver the completed work. The fee for most materials is based on 15-minute increments of $20.00. The minimum fee is $20.00 for a minimum of 15 minutes of work. The maximum amount of time staff can devote to a request is two hours. Please consult with the Archives for further information.
- The fee for specialized, oversized, and other uncommon record types (as determined by the Archives) or large volume orders that require special handling or more time by the Archives and collaboration with a third-party service will be in two charges:
- Time spent by Archives staff to prepare the materials, which will be paid before the work begins; and
- The third-party costs passed on to the Archives, which will be billed to the user.
- Applicable taxes will be added to the total cost of all orders.
- Fees are assessed by the Archive and then the user is invoiced online through the university’s payment system. Once the invoice is paid, the Archives acknowledges receipt of payment and begins the work.
Users may use Archives equipment or their own smartphones to scan materials under supervision by Archives staff at no cost. Please ask staff for assistance.
- Requests will be processed in the order received. The Archives reserves the right to decline requests and prices are subject to change without notice.
- All orders will take a minimum of two (2) to four (4) weeks to process depending on the volume and complexity of the records and formats. Rush orders are not available.
- Users may digitize archival material with permission of the Archives using personal digital camera; however, due to preservation concerns no flash, tripod, set-up, or personal scanners can be used.
- Reproductions are provided for private research and study purposes only. It is the responsibility of the user to clear any copyright issues. Publication, commercialization, and other uses of reproductions may require use fees paid to the Archives. Please see Use Fees and Permissions.
The Archives delivers completed reproductions digitally through email or a data transfer service like Dropbox. Please consult with the Archives if other forms of delivery are required; additional charges will apply.
Use Fees and Permissions
Publication, commercialization, and other public uses of reproductions may require use fees paid to the Archives, as well as a letter of permission from the Archives.
Generally, the Archives will give permission at no additional use fee for research and private study, genealogy, gift/home display, personal and/or family website, museum exhibition, academic theses/papers, school projects, or for a teaching aid or professor/student presentation.
Commercial uses require a one-time, non-exclusive permission in writing from the Archives, in addition to a use fee:
|Catalogue or publication* (inside use)||$20.00|
Catalogue or publication* (cover use)
Decoration in a place of business
|Commercial or Business website||$100.00|
|Broadcast or film use||To be negotiated|
* Book, journal, magazine, proceedings, newspaper, brochure, calendar, CD or DVD (cover liner notes), etc.